Tkinter--does anyone use it for sophisticated GUI development?

Peter Decker pydecker at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 13:39:15 EDT 2006

On 21 Oct 2006 08:26:56 -0700, sturlamolden <sturlamolden at yahoo.no> wrote:

> That leaves you with wxPython (utterly ugly API, remninds me of MFC and
> Motif), PyQt (very expensive unless GPL is not a show stopper) or
> PyObjC.

I too hated the wxPython API, but loved how it looked. And since I
need things to run cross-platform (in my case, Linux and Windows), I
held my breath and coded in wxPython, because the results were well
worth it.

Now that I've discovered Dabo, which wraps wxPython, hiding the C++
ugliness under a very Pythonic API, I have the best of both worlds. I
get to code naturally, and the results look great.

--

# p.d.