python2.5 importerror on md5

Chris Lambacher chris at kateandchris.net
Mon Oct 23 17:17:01 EDT 2006

On Mon, Oct 23, 2006 at 01:28:46PM -0700, samn wrote:
> i think the problem is different versions of openssl on the two
> machines , 0.9.7a and 0.9.8b
I second that this is the likely culprit.  I got bit by it while trying to
do cross compile.  The module build process assumes a couple of locations that
a particular library might be and takes the first one it finds, regardless of
which one you actually want it to use.  I ended up making modifications to
what modules were installed to get md5 to finally import.

My experiences are outlined at this page:
http://whatschrisdoing.com/blog/2006/10/06/howto-cross-compile-python-25/

-Chris