Is this a bug? Python intermittently stops dead for seconds

Jorgen Grahn grahn+nntp at snipabacken.dyndns.org
Sun Oct 1 04:41:06 EDT 2006

On Sun, 01 Oct 2006 07:13:25 GMT, Giovanni Bajo <noway at sorry.com> wrote:
> charlie strauss wrote:
>
>> Below is a simple program that will cause python to intermittently
>> stop executing for a few seconds.  it's 100% reproducible on my
>> machine.
>
> Confirmed with Python 2.4.2 on Windows.

And Python 2.3.5 on Linux, amd64.  In fact, it causes heavy swapping so it
will disrupt other processes, too.

I didn't read the code, stupid as I am, but I trust that the behavior
doesn't match what the code actually tries to do.

/Jorgen

--
  // Jorgen Grahn <grahn@        Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
\X/     snipabacken.dyndns.org>  R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!