Decorators and how they relate to Python - A little insight please!

Jerry jweida at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 14:04:24 EDT 2006

I have just started to do some semi-serious programming (not one-off
specialized scripts) and am loving Python.  I just seem to get most of
the concepts, the structure, and the classes (something I struggled
with before in other languages).  I've seen many concepts on the web
(i.e. stacks, queues, linked lists) and can usually understand them
pretty well (event if I don't always know when to use them).  Now I've
come accross decorators and even though I've read the PEP and a little
in the documentation, I just don't get what they are or what problem
they are trying to solve.  Can anyone please point me to a general
discussion of decorators (preferrably explained with Python)?

Thanks,
Jerry