Python to use a non open source bug tracker? - Trac?

Harry George harry.g.george at boeing.com
Wed Oct 4 01:08:28 EDT 2006

"Fredrik Lundh" <fredrik at pythonware.com> writes:

> Steve Holden wrote:
>
> > But sadly people are much happier complaining on c.l.py than exerting
> > themselves to support the community with an open source issue tracker.
>
> you're not on the infrastructure list, I hear.  python.org could still need a
> few more roundup volunteers, but it's not like nobody's prepared to con-
> tribute manhours.  don't underestimate the community.
>
> </F>

I'm not on the infrastructure list either.  But I wonder why it is
"Roundup or else non-python COTS"?  I gave up on Roundup a while ago
due to too many crashes.  I'm now using Trac:

a) Open Source
b) Python
c) Adequate functionality (for me at least)

http://trac.edgewall.org/

I'm not trying to "sell" Trac, but I would like to know what drove the
developers away from it.

--
Harry George
PLM Engineering Architecture