a -very- case sensitive search

Goofy666 goofy666 at scarlet.be
Sat Nov 25 17:01:54 EST 2006

Hi

 > * and I need to do all these considering the fact that not all letters
 > are indeed English letters.

You mean letters from the English alphabet (derived from the Latin/Roman
alphabet, fyi)? I'm sorry for the nitpicking, but 'English letters'
sounds a bit too 'ackward' to me.

 > I went through different documention section but couldn't find a right
 > condition, function or method for it.
 > Suggestions will be very much appriciated...

I'm still (trying to) learn(ing) it myself, but you can try looking into
using regular expressions. There's a standard module for it (re), see
the PyLib Reference for details; http://docs.python.org/lib/module-re.html.

--Laurens