who is maintainer of xml-rpc module?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Nov 26 04:09:34 EST 2006

Mark Harrison schrieb:
> So, I've made a couple of small but useful additions to
> the xml-rpc package.  Is there an assigned maintainer
> of the package I should communicate with?

The author of the module is Fredrik Lundh; you can try to
contact him. If you want to contribute your changes to
the Python project, you should follow the procedure at

http://www.python.org/dev/patches/

Consider filling out a contribution form also in this
case:

http://www.python.org/psf/contrib/

> I'd like to get these into wider circulation if possible...
> what's the best way to do this?

Depends on how the source is structured. If it is a separate
set of modules, you should package them as a distutils package,
and upload them to the cheeseshop (cheeseshop.python.org).
If they are just patches to the existing modules, you can still
upload them to the cheeseshop.

In either case, you can then send an announcement to
comp.lang.python.announce that you made them available.

Regards,
Martin