Abelson and Python

bearophileHUGS at lycos.com bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Wed Nov 22 19:45:38 EST 2006

mensanator at aol.com:
> Haven't heard of that one, although I've got DrScheme.

Right, sorry, I meant that one :-)

> I find that hierarchy extremely annoying. I don't see the need for it.
> I never use OOP in Python yet there's no need for me to have a
> stripped down version, I just don't use it.

But Python too contains some things that can bite a newbie of the
language. (BTW, in some situations I too have had to access to the full
Scheme language, so you may be partially right).

> But those are implementation details, which you can't avoid.
> A bad implementation spoils a language even if the language itself
> is fabulous.

And a good implementation like DrScheme makes the Scheme language
usable too :-)

Bye,
bearophile