python GUIs comparison (want)

Mudcat mnations at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 12:22:06 EST 2006

Paul Rubin wrote:

> No that would suck.  Best to try to stay as close as possible to the
> native widgets on whatever the underlying platform is.  If you want
> to depart from the native UI, then start from scratch and write a whole
> new window system with a complete app suite etc.

Ok. But other than thinking it would suck, you're basically repeating
my point about starting from scratch with a whole new suite of widgets.

I think there are situations where having an app that looks completely
different is a big bonus. Having developed apps for both engineers and
non-technical people alike, sometimes the non-techs are much more
impressed by the look/feel than what it actually does.

Sometimes you want a tool that blends in. Sometimes you want one that
stands out, especially when you're competing against other tools where
they all kind of look the same.