Python program that validates an url against w3c markup validator

Nikita the Spider NikitaTheSpider at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 15:52:02 EST 2006

In article <1164778181.910135.53070 at j44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
 "yaru22" <yaru22 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd like to create a program that validates bunch of urls against the
> w3c markup validator (http://validator.w3.org/) and store the result in
> a file.
>
> Since I don't know network programming, I have no idea how to start
> coding this program.
>
> I was looking at the python library and thought urllib or urllib2 may
> be used to make this program work.
>
> But I don't know how to send my urls to the w3c validator and get the
> result.
>
> Can anyone help me with this? or at least give me a hint?
>
> Thank you so much.

This article might be of help:
http://www.standards-schmandards.com/2005/massvalidate

"Periodically you may want to make sure your entire website validates.
This can be a hassle if your site is big. In this article we introduce a
few python scripts which will help us do mass validation from a list of
links. We will also modify the W3C validator to work the way we want."

You might also be interested in my validating spider (see my sig) which
will validate an entire site for you but that won't teach you a thing
about Python programming.  ;)

--
Philip
http://NikitaTheSpider.com/