Python v PHP: fair comparison?

Luis M. González luismgz at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 16:16:53 EST 2006

walterbyrd ha escrito:

> Luis M. González wrote:
> > the new crop of web frameworks (Django, Turbo Gears, etc...).
> >
> > > - Newer versions of mod_python require Apache 2.0, which few hosters
> > > have
> >
> > You can also get alder versions of mod_python. What's the problem?
>
> The problem is that the system requirements for django and turbogears
> are sky-high. I think Django requires Apache 2.0 (and maybe mod_python
> 3.x), and CherryPy (part of turbogears) requires Python 2.4. If you are
> developing for a hosted environment, this can be a big problem. Few
> enough hosters provide python to begin with, then add to that such
> requirements as apache 2.0 - and you left with almost nothing.

You are right.
Although this is not a problem to me, because I just use bare-bones
mod_python, with no framework on top of it.
Not many people know that mod_python comes with its own built-in
handlers suitable for different programming styles, such as PSP
(similar to php) or publisher (M-V-C style).

Luis