How do I find possible matches using regular expression?

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Thu Nov 23 05:16:46 EST 2006

Andy wrote:

> The problem is the input will be much more complex than the example, it
> could be something like "30 minutes later" where any string starting
> with a number is a possible match.

so if I type "1", are you going to suggest all possible numbers
that start with that digit?  doesn't strike me as very practical.

maybe you could post a more detailed example, where you clearly
explain what a pattern is and how it is defined, what prediction
means, and what you want to happen as new input arrives, so we
don't have to guess?

</F>