The Python Papers Edition One

Noah Slater nslater at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 19:16:34 EST 2006

I do not think this thread is an embarrassment to the community. I
think it speaks volumes about people's commitment to free software.

While we can applaud such contributions it is no excuse to waiver on
one's ethics and principles.

Regardless of content, or even format, if the Python Papers are not
free as per the FSF's definition they are encumbered.

I am hoping that the author/publishers will reconsider the choice of
licencing.

As an aside, I keep seeing people refer to the CC licences as if they
were all comparable with each other.

This is incorrect. Each licence is very different and saying something
is licenced with a CC licence says absolutely nothing.

http://www.fsf.org/blogs/rms/entry-20050920.html
http://www.linuxp2p.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=10771