How do I stop Python IDLE (GUI) from immediately exiting when I enter it?

Hertha Steck nulla.epistola at web.de
Mon Nov 20 08:51:35 EST 2006

Am Sun, 19 Nov 2006 14:32:45 -0800 schrieb John (Z R) L:

> Thanks for the replies so far. I do exactly what that website says, and
> on the old computer (Windows 98), I click run module and nothing
> happens. No text gets displayed on my IDLE. It contained that firewall
> message at the top.
>
> Back on the new computer, I deleted all of my .py files and I could go
> back to the Python IDLE (GUI) again.

First of all: did you try to run the script using PythonWin and did you
run it in a command window? What happened? What error messages did you
get, if any?

The script itself doesn't contain any errors. And in my IDLE it behaves
perfectly well.

And please, if you answer, keep the text you are answering. This is no web
forum where you can see several postings at once.