What do I look for in a shared Python host?

Chas Emerick cemerick at snowtide.com
Sat Nov 18 21:59:01 EST 2006

On Nov 18, 2006, at 6:25 PM, dimitri pater wrote:

> Hi,
> is there any reason for you wanting to use a shared host? Just
> asking..
> Maybe you could use a VPS as this is not too expensive these days.
> Of course, it would require more work to set things up. But it's
> not too hard... (eg using apt-get,webmin,some basic Linux skills
> using the command line)
> regards,
> Dimitri
> (I use a VPS at rimuhostig ($20/month), but there are many, many more)

I would absolutely second rimuhosting.  We have a bunch of VPS' and
dedicated boxes there, and they've been great.  As Dimitri suggests,
you can get a $20/mo VPS that would do straightforward web hosting
without a problem (certainly what you could get out of a shared
account at most service levels).

- Chas