Yield

Danny Colligan dannycolligan at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 11:09:14 EST 2006

> The more trivial the example, the harder it is to see the advantage.

I absoultely agree.  Thanks for pointing me out to some real-world
code.  However, the function you pointed me to is not a generator
(there is no yield statement... it just returns the entire list of
primes).  A generator version would be:

>>> def primes(n):
...     if n<2: yield []
...     s=range(3,n+1,2)