SPE editor slow?

timmy timothy at open-networks.net
Mon Nov 6 17:32:49 EST 2006

SPE - Stani's Python Editor wrote:
> timmy schreef:
>

>>hello i've been using the SPE editor on a moderately large project and
>>it's constantly pausing during editing, like it's attempting to check
>>something as i edit.
>>as you can imagine a 4 second pause every few characters is EXTREMELY
>>annoying when you just want to get some work done. i really like SPE's
>>layout and features but if it's going to be dogshit slow all the time
>>i'll have to change. please help!
>

> SPE does error syntax checking which works fine for normal sized python
> files. With these settings you can speed up SPE for larger projects:
> 1. Edit>Preferences>Editor: Check realtime with "none" (default value:
> compiler)
> 2. Edit>Preferences>Editor: Update sidebar "when clicked"
>
> You can first try step 1, if you want SPE faster, use step 2 as well.
>
> Stani

thanks stani i actually had an incling that 2. was the real problem.
i've got probably 200 or so clases in my project and it was pausing
mainly when it came to names of things or a .
i changed it to on clicked and it's fine now.

it still does something else though that i'm at a loss to fix. when i
open a file or run a script is throws up errors saying "Failed to
display HTML document in ISO-8859-1 encoding"

i guess thats a problem with those bottom info windows?