please help me choose a proper gui library.

krishnakant Mane researchbase at gmail.com
Sat Nov 18 12:44:09 EST 2006

hello all.
after finishing a project in record time using python we have taken up
one more project.
this time however, we need to do a gui based project  which will run
on windows xp and 2000.
now My question is which gui toolkit should I choose?
I had initially raised some doubt about accessibility (which is very
important for me ), and with the answers and all the pointers given, I
know that wxpython is quite out of question.
now my next choice is PyQT.
can some one give me information on the following points?
1.  do I first need to install the pure c++ based QT library both on
the developer machine and the client's user machine?
2.  I need an executable binary installer for windows xp.  is it
available for python24?  I searched but found one for python25.  else
kindly guide me what should I do to install the source.  I read the
documentation but did not get the clear idea whether I must have qt
installed first or not.  if yes are there binary installers of PYQT
which can also install qt?
3. if I need to upgrate to python25, should it be considered safe?
4.  I don't want to use the qt IDE and this point is nothing to do
with qt, I need a good windows based python editor.
5.  if I am supposed to also distrubute qt with PYQT, how do I plan
the deployment of my ready software?
thanking all.
Krishnakant.