Detecting recursion loops

Bytter bytter at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 12:58:28 EST 2006

Hi!

I hope you are not trying to find infinite loops and I simply
misunderstood your question. Because if you are, then forget it (Turing
anyone?)... Infinite loops are impossible to find (minus some few, very
specific situations).

Cf. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halting_problem

Cheers,

Hugo Ferreira

P.S. Hmmm... It seems I really read it wrong since you define that you
want to stop "(after N passes or some complex criteria)". Anyway I
leave the warning for future generations :)