Access to variable from external imported module

jim-on-linux inq1ltd at verizon.net
Fri Nov 24 13:01:05 EST 2006

On Friday 24 November 2006 03:30, John Machin
wrote:
> jim-on-linux wrote:
> > GinTon,
> >
> > I think this is what you want.
> >

> > class Kdoi:
>
> Is that a typo?
       No, it's a style. life seems to be easier
to me if one is consistent, all my classes begin
with K.

> >    def __init__(self) :
> >        self.Fdo()
>
> What is all this K and F stuff?

   It's my style. life seems to be easier  to me
if one is consistent all my function begin with
F.

I started doing things like this when the only way
to debug was to read each line of code and try to
figgure out if it was the problem.
They are my personal sign posts.
> >    def Fdo(self):
> >

> >      searchterm = 'help'
> >      print searchterm     #local
> >
> >      self.searchterm = searchterm
> >      print self.searchterm #used inside the
> > class
> >
> >      Kdo.searchterm = searchterm   #<<<<
> >      print Kdo.searchterm #used outside the
> > class Kdomore()
> >

> > class Kdomore(Kdo):
> >      def __init__(self) :
> >          self.Fdomore()
> >
> >      def Fdomore(self):
> >          searchterm =  Kdo.searchterm   #
> > <<<< print searchterm
>
> It's not apparent what the print statements are
> for -- are they part of an attempt to debug
> your code?

print shows the results wherever a print statement
turns up the results = 'help' .
I didn't run the code, and it has it has a coding
error but if removed, the results should be;

   searchterm = 'help'
   self.searchterm = 'help'
   Kdo.searchterm = 'help'

   Sound silly but many people have trouble with
getting a variable from here to there in their
code. This shows that it can be done

> What gives you the idea that this is what the
> OP wants or needs?

If I remember right,  he refrased  his first
question and asked a second one.
Sometimes people don't take the time to write
correctly, the questions that are really in their
mind. So I guessed.  If Im wrong, he will ignore
it.  If I'm right, he will use it.

Also, I have found that other will latch on to the
ideas presented  in these email responses. And
they will use them, even though the response was
not exactly what the original emailer wanted.

And, I sometimes I do use print statements to
debug, I have used other ways but on linux, I
prefer a print statement.

jim-on-linux
http://www.inqvista.com