pyRTF and Footers

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Nov 15 18:52:27 EST 2006

At Wednesday 15/11/2006 20:08, E.Doxtator at gmail.com wrote:

>I've been using the pyRTF module to generate some documents that I need
>for work.  In general, the module is good, and pretty simple to use.
>However, I am running into a problem with footers that doesn't quite
>make sense to me.

First, I don't use pyRTF. The app sketch and code snippet you have
posted look reasonable.
At least using Word, you can configure a page footer for each section
in the document, so I think it should be posible.
If you don't get the output you want, it may be a bug in the module,
you are using it in the wrong way, the feature is unsupported, etc.
but most likely not a bug in Python itself. So a better place to ask
would be... well, it appears there is no better place except asking
the author directly :)

(BTW, thanks for pointing me towards pyRTF - it may be useful, so
I'll give it a try...)

--
Gabriel Genellina
Softlab SRL