WSDL?

Jorge Vargas jorge.vargas at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 08:38:03 EST 2006

On 11/3/06, tobiah <st at tobiah.org> wrote:
> Is WSDL the right answer for in house communication
> between programs written in different languages, or
> is it more for publishing interfaces for use by parties
> outside your own company?

at work we use webservices (which is a better name) a lot for
"inhouse" but I work at a big company where other people look like if
they where another company ;)

as soring explained WSDL is a languaje to tell you what to do. the
idea behind it is that anyone can take it read it and write a client
for your service without even having help your your team.

so yes it can or as other people said you could just go with a lossier
webservice interface based on xmlrpc.

and please please don't go to corba we need to kill that.