object data member dumper?

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Tue Nov 7 17:21:42 EST 2006

Bruno Desthuilliers wrote:
> tom arnall a écrit :
>
>>does anyone know of a utility to do a recursive dump of object data members?
>>

> What are "object data members" ? (hint: in Python, everything is an
> object - even functions and methods).
>
> What is your real use case ?

Basically it sounds like the OP wants to see the attribute values for an
object (and those objects' attribute values, ...). Presumably the
recursive descent could be stopped at the built-in types.

I'm not familiar with any such thing. The code of the standard library's
pprint module might be a good place to start (and the suggested
functionality might make a nice addition if we could work out exactly
what the requirement was).

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119