problem about list indexing

Sun Nov 26 05:35:39 EST 2006

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 00:25:13 -0800, hollowspook wrote:

> Hi, there
>
> a = range(100)
>
> if I want to use No 7, 11, 56,90 in a, then the only way I do is [a[7],
> a[11], a[56], a[90]].
> Is there any other way?

a = [7, 11, 56, 90]

Are those numbers supposed to be in some sort of series? They aren't an
arithmetic series:

(11 - 7) = 4
(56 - 11) = 45  # not a constant difference

nor are they a geometric series:

(11/7) = 1.57
(56/11) = 5.09  # not a constant ratio

They don't look like some form of a Fibonacci series:

7+11 != 56
11+56 != 90

If they're just "random" numbers, plucked out of thin air, then you
probably can't calculate them and you'll need to just create them in a
list a = [7, 11, 56, 90].

--
Steven.