Delivering data to python from a c-thread

Svein Seldal svein at seldal dot com
Wed Nov 8 12:47:15 EST 2006

Steve Holden wrote:

> Could you have the Python code create a second Python thread and have it
> call back into the C code to collect any waiting data?

Well yeah, in principle. However one would need some synchronization
mechanisms anyway. The C data source is generating asynch. messages to
deliver to python and thus the py thread must be ready to wait for it.
It will add another thread in the total application (cuz' I cant remove
the extra C thread since it has other important tasks), but I'll give it
a shot at least!

Regards
Svein Seldal