Error handling. Python embedded into a C++ app.

Wolfram Wolfram at invalid.invalid
Wed Nov 29 08:33:47 EST 2006

"Eric_Dexter at msn.com" <Eric_Dexter at msn.com> wrote:

>You would use try: and then on the next line except:

Thanks for the idea, but it did not help. I can not wrap every pythion
line in python, so I wrote the following code on the C++ side:

-------------- snip -----------------
  try
  {
	  int ret = PyRun_SimpleString ( p ) ;
	  if(ret==-1)
	  {
		  ::MessageBox(0, "Error in Python call!", "", 0);
	  }
	  else
	  {
		assert(ret == 0);
	  }
  }
  catch( ...) {
	  ::MessageBox(0, "exception", "", 0 );
  }

I call this where "p" is an "execute" of a *.py file containing an
error. I get the "Error in Python call!", but not the "exception".
Any help, including links to information, welcome.

TIA, Wolfram Kuss.