file backup in windows

Tim Golden Tim.Golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk
Wed Nov 22 07:27:44 EST 2006

| > <code>
| > import os, sys
| > from win32com.shell import shell, shellcon
| >
| > local_app_data = shell.SHGetSpecialFolderPath (0,
| > shellcon.CSIDL_LOCAL_APPDATA)
| > outlook_path = os.path.join (local_app_data, "Microsoft", "Outlook")
| >
| > print outlook_path
| >
| > </code)
| >

| The above code was fine while printing, when I am trying to use this
| (outlook_path) to use as source path it is giving file
| permission error

As others have suggested, please cut-and-paste code
and traceback from an interpreter session. Don't make
people guess what you've done. My code above doesn't
do anything with the path bar printing it, so you've
obviously attempted some kind of file operation with
it. What have you done? The outlook_path itself is a
*folder*, not a file. I didn't write out all of your
code; you need to add something to copy the file or
files you need. Have you done that?

Please provide code and traceback if you still have
difficulties.

TJG

http://www.star.net.uk