explicit self revisited

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Sun Nov 12 12:36:17 EST 2006

Carsten Haese wrote:

> According to that definition, FUD is "a sales or marketing strategy of
> disseminating negative (and vague) information on a competitor's
> product."

Doug "cheddar cheese" Holton (who has a long history of posting
seriously confused and/or abusive stuff under a number of aliases) is
a developer of a "competing" language named Boo.

I suppose that in his view, language advocacy is a zero-sum game, so
positive comments about Python can be considered as FUD against his own
project.  He's even invented his own del.icio.us tag for this purpose:

     http://del.icio.us/tag/pythonfud

</F>