python GUIs comparison (want)

Eric Brunel eric_brunel at despammed.com
Mon Nov 6 04:18:09 EST 2006

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 11:04:57 +0200, Christophe <chris.cavalaria at free.fr>
wrote:
>>> And no modern layout manager available. Only those old school
>>> left/right/up/down pack and anchors are available.
>>  huh?  when did you last look at Tk?  1994?
> Yesterday. In fact, I could find no mention at all of layout managers
> others than those working with anchors. Anchors are soooo old school
> nowadays :)

Being "old school" or "modern" is not an argument in itself. How do the
so-called "modern" layout managers help you do the thing you want to do?

And the fact that you could find no mention of something does not mean
that it doesn't exist. It may just be a documentation problem.

> Honestly, I can't stand using anchors or the Packer anymore. The systems
> used in wx, Qt are much better. Use them once and you cannot live
> without them anymore.

The "Packer" is very rarely used in Tkinter applications when the layout
becomes complicated. Almost all applications I saw use the "grid" layout
manager, except for very simple things (like buttons in a row or column,
where the "pack" layout manager is just enough).
'U(17zX(%,5.zmz5(17l8(%,5.Z*(93-965$l7+-'])"