XML Validation in Python using XSV

Stefan Behnel stefan.behnel-n05pAM at web.de
Wed Nov 22 10:23:05 EST 2006

bmichel at gmail.com wrote:
> Stefan Behnel wrote:
>>> bmichel at gmail.com wrote:
>>> No particular reason for XSV
>>> I just want to validate XML files against an XML schema through Python.
>>> If you can suggest any other package for debian, I'll be glad to try
>>> it.
>> Well, as I said:
>>
>> http://packages.debian.org/unstable/python/python-lxml
>> http://codespeak.net/lxml/
>>
>> Just try "apg-get install python-lxml".
>
> I've read a bit about lxml, didn't found anything related to validating
> XML schema...
>
> Maybe you can give more details on how to install lxml and use it in
> Python to validate XML files against an XML Schema
> I'm going to ask the server administrator to install lxml, so I can't
> play around a lot with the system trying stuff.
>
> It would be nice if you can tell me:
> - What files to download, where to download them from
> - How to install it and configure it
> - How to import the functions in Python

Being able to read can simplify a lot of things these days.

See above to find out how to install lxml on Debian. See the page mentioned
above to find out how to use lxml. I mean this page:

http://codespeak.net/lxml/

in particular this section:

http://codespeak.net/lxml/#documentation

or simply search that page for things like "XML Schema" or "API documentation".

Hope that gets you on the right track,
Stefan