whats wrong with my python?

Thomas Ploch Thomas.Ploch at gmx.net
Mon Nov 20 18:24:39 EST 2006

Hello,

I am having all sorts of troubles concerning my python install(s) (all
of them 2.3, 2.4, 2.5). Python itself actually works fine, but whatever
extensions I want to add, or build anything that requires python (like
apache's mod_python) I always get the following error:

[snip whatever I tried to built]
ld: Undefined symbols:
_fstatvfs referenced from Python expected to be defined in libSystem
_lchown referenced from Python expected to be defined in libSystem
_statvfs referenced from Python expected to be defined in libSystem
[snip error from whatever built it was]

What can I do about that? I think it has something to do with
dynamic/static python libraries, but my knowledge is not profound enough
(wether UNIX or python) to solve this.

Oh, I am running on an iBook G4 with MAC OS X 10.3.9

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thomas