Simple Tkinter problem

gmarkowsky at gmail.com gmarkowsky at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 09:35:14 EST 2006

Hi all,

I'm trying to write a GUI that will put up multiple widgets in
succession. My problem is that each widget also contains the previous
widgets when they pop up. How do I reinitialize the widget each time so
that it doesn't contain earlier ones? Actually, another question I have
is, is there a way to set python so that it will assume any undefined
variable is 0 or ''? That is, I have several statements like "If k > 0
then so and so" and I would like it to assume k=0 unless I tell it
otherwise. I've just been defining k=0 at the start of the program but
it seems there should be a better way.

Greg