Simple Tkinter problem

jim-on-linux inq1ltd at verizon.net
Tue Nov 7 10:38:53 EST 2006

Greg,

Run the following code to see how pack_forget() or
grid_forget() works, it makes previous widgets
disappear but not go away.  If you call grid() or
pack() again after using grid_forget() the widget
returns.

root = Tk()
class Ktest:
    def __init__(self):
        self.Ftest1()

    def  Ftest1(self):

        try:
            self.test2.grid_forget()
        except AttributeError :
            pass
        self.test1 = Button(root, text='Push #1
               button', bg = 'yellow', width = 25,
                command = self.Ftest2,
                 height = 25)
        self.test1.grid(row=0, column=0)

    def Ftest2(self):
       self.test1.grid_forget()
       self.test2 = Button(root, text='Push #2
                       button', bg = 'green',
                         width = 15,
                        command = self.Ftest1,
                         height = 10)
       self.test2.grid(row=0, column=0)

if __name__==  '__main__' :
    Ktest()
    mainloop()

Maybe someone else has an idea about not defining
a variable.

My question is how does a budket of wires and
screws know its a bucket of wires and screws
unless someone tells it that it's a bucket of
wires and screws?