sound processing modules in python - anyone?

Christian Aastorp
Tue Nov 7 16:16:20 EST 2006

On Mon, 6 Nov 2006 23:06:18 +0100 (CET), sittner at lkb.ens.fr wrote:

>Hi everyone,
>I'm looking for a module for sound processing (manipulating sound objets,
>filters, ffts etc.).
>I tried Snack, but when i downloaded the package that was supposed to be
>for python, there was only the Tk/Tcl stuff (where's the .py ?).
>could anyone help me with that (or with any other sound module for python)?
>thanks in advance,

Here is the download page, listing Python (only version 2.3 though).
The source is available from the same page.

Or maybe, from comp.lang.python.announce:
----------------
     An early beta of the csound routine library is out with another
version to follow soon after.  The csound library is a group of
routines to minipulate .csd and .orc .sco  .src (shortened orc format)
combine delete exc.

https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=156455

I believe that csound is a very mature and complete toolbox for music
generation and sound manipulation.

--
Christian Aastorp