small python cgi webserver

Norbert Kaufmann norbert at akumakun.de
Sat Nov 4 07:15:30 EST 2006

Fabian Braennstroem wrote:
[...]
> Maybe, I understood something wrong, but I thought that the
> above 'webserver' script would replace apache in my case; at
> least I hoped!?

It does. The 'ServerRoot' and 'DocumentRoot' directories are the
directories you are starting your webserver in.
Create a 'cgi' directory inside this and consider that you have to name
it in the serverscript in relation to the serverroot!

<quote>
cgi_directories=["/home/fab/Desktop/cgi-bin"]
</quote>

This means you have to start your server inside directory '/'.

If you start your server in your home dir '/home/fab' then you have to
name your cgi_directories ['/Desktop/cgi-bin'].

In your response (cgi-script) you have to divide the header from the
content '\r\n\r\n'.

HTH

Norbert