Python in sci/tech applications

robert no-spam at no-spam-no-spam.com
Thu Nov 2 13:51:08 EST 2006

Fredrik Lundh wrote:
> robert wrote:
>
>> Is it really not possible to create extension libs with
>  > older MSVC or Mingw, which work with regular Python binaries
>  > version 2.4 and 2.5 ?
>
> last time I tried, it took me 20 minutes from that I typed "mingw" into
> google until I had built and tested my first non-trivial extension. your
> milage may vary.

thats far beyond my dexterity.

When one follows ..
http://docs.python.org/inst/tweak-flags.html#SECTION000622000000000000000
http://www.zope.org/Members/als/tips/win32_mingw_modules

..this seems only to cover the immediate python dll issues. What happens with the C runtime libraries? You'll bind 2 different C-RTLs (DLLs) etc.?
And what happens for example with heap objects created with one C-RTL and deleted/free'd with the other?

-robert