Character Encodings and display of strings

JKPeck JKPeck at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 09:56:31 EST 2006

Thanks for the quick answer.  I thought repr was involved here, but
when I use repr explicitly I get a notation where the backslashes are
escaped.  I also though that with the encoding explictily declared in
the source, that repr would take that into account and use the
character form, but obviously it doesn't.