WSGI with mod_python (was: Python, WSGI, legacy web application)

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Thu Nov 23 00:33:43 EST 2006

"Graham Dumpleton" <grahamd at dscpl.com.au> writes:

> Look at mod_python for Apache. If you use it correctly you can on a
> page by page basis as need be, replace the existing PHP pages with
> equivalents written using Python. You could do this by programming
> right at the level of mod_python, or again, if done right by using
> WSGI on top of mod_python. If you need to maintain compatibility of
> URLs, you could even do things so that even though URLs use .php,
> that it maps to Python code underneath, thus easing any transition.

I was under the impression that WSGI in mod_python was a rather kludgy
way to do WSGI, but I don't know what the alternatives are. CGI?
Python http server (e.g. CherryPy)? Something else?

--
 \      "Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity |
  `\     of the graveyard."  -- Justice Roberts in 319 U.S. 624 (1943) |