Inotify on netfilter socket

tom tom at t0mb.net
Fri Nov 17 17:52:51 EST 2006

Hi Guys,

I'm wondering if it's possible to set up an inotify watch on a netfilter
socket.  I want to monitor for incoming packets to the netfilter QUEUE
target, but I can't seem to do it. select.select works on it, but i
wanted to use inotify really.  Is there any way to create a tangible
file which i can hook in to the netfilter socket?  I was using
python-inotify and the ipqueue module.  Any suggestions welcome, or do
you guys think that this would be better on the iptables/netfilter
mailing lists?

Cheers, Tom