How to choose the right GUI toolkit ?

John Henry john106henry at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 9 16:30:36 EST 2006

Steve Holden wrote:

> You may find that it starts out fine, but becomes less satisfactory as
> the sophistication of your interfaces increases. Then the problem will
> be that migration to another platform demands a substantial rewrite of
> your application (I have done this for a fairly small app).

It all depends on what you need.  You can always "drop down" to calling
wxPython.

> I don't think PythonCard gets much maintenance nowadays.

Funny you mention that.  I started that discussion on the PythonCard
list only yesterday.

While it's true that the web pages hasn't been updated to follow up
with the developments, I am delighted to learn that there has been
quite a bit of work going on.

Again, it all depends on what your needs are.  If you need to become
productive in a hurry,  and you are not exactly chasing after the
latest widget, my recommendation is to go with PythonCard.