Access to variable from external imported module

jim-on-linux inq1ltd at verizon.net
Fri Nov 24 19:19:33 EST 2006

The TRS-80 I bought came with both Basic and
Assembly Language teaching guides, and that was
it. To make the machine work one had to program.
I didn't mean to imply that Bill Gates developed
it. It's well known that MS borrowed stuff when
they needed to from where ever the could get it.
That's business.

I'm not an MS fan but Bill Gates was the one who
gave away a very cheep, borrowed but improved,
copy of DOS to computer sellers. These copies
could also be copied to floppies (8 inch). So,
DOS 3.3 was used by computer sellers, to install
DOS on the buyers machine, (intel 286) free.

On the other hand, IBM sold the same package for
$50.00.

I got the free copy of MS 3.3 with my 286.

After that, Windows 3.0 cost me $25.00,
                Windows 3.1 cost me $30.00,
                DOS upgrade from3.3 to 6.22 cost
                me $55.00.
Since then I purchased Win 95, $100.00
                             and Win 98. $125.00.
And, all for testing software that I produced for
people that use that stuff.

Bill Gates probably can't program any software to
write "Hello World" on any screen, but I'll bet
he knows how to fill out a deposit ticket.

I think Bill Gates recognize early that the money
is in the marketing of the product, not the
programming of it. How else can you explain the
success of Windows, like it or not?

jim-on-linux
http://www.inqvista.com