numpy/scipy: correlation

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Sat Nov 11 07:09:49 EST 2006

robert wrote:
> Is there a ready made function in numpy/scipy to compute the correlation y=mx+o of an X and Y fast:
> m, m-err, o, o-err, r-coef,r-coef-err ?

numpy and scipy questions are best asked on their lists, not here. There are a
number of people who know the capabilities of numpy and scipy through and
through, but most of them don't hang out on comp.lang.python.

  http://www.scipy.org/Mailing_Lists

scipy.optimize.leastsq() can be told to return the covariance matrix of the
estimated parameters (m and o in your example; I have no idea what you think
r-coeff is).

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."