Newb: installing Jython on Windows XP ...

Ant antroy at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 06:01:40 EST 2006

On 10 Nov, 10:29, Marcus Bajohr <Baj... at hadakon.de> wrote:
> donkeyboy wrote:
> > All,
>
> > I'm having issues installing Jython on Windows XP. I've looked on the
> > Any help would be of great use!!!
> Try it from cmd, not from the cygwin shell.
> The environments differ !

Looking at the command prompt, he's not in the cygwin shell. I think
that there's a bug in the latest jre from sun. I installed the 1.5.0_09
update a few days ago, and I can't get any apps to run with it
(including irritatingly the Java Control Panel application so I can't
change the default back easily...) The problems are
NoClassDefFoundError's as well, so I wonder if the class loading is
broken in that release...

Anyway the solution seems to be to use an earlier jre explicitly:

"c:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_06\bin\java.exe" jython-21

1.5.0_06 seems to work fine for me.

HTH