Is python for me?

Bruno Desthuilliers onurb at xiludom.gro
Wed Nov 15 10:59:25 EST 2006

dakman at gmail.com wrote:
> By large I mean an application with intensive operations, such as a
> fancy GUI maybe a couple of threads, accessing a database, etc.

Threads are handled by the OS. GUI are (usually) handled by a
lower-level lib like GTK or such. DB access mostly rely on the
particular RDBMS. So we're left with the application code itself - the
glue between all these componants. There's usually nothing really
"intensive" here, and I wouldn't bet using C++ instead of Python would
make a huge difference here - wrt/ perceived performances at least.

My 2 cents...
--
bruno desthuilliers