Physical constants

Sat Nov 4 00:49:21 EST 2006

Apologies for breaking threading, but my ISP seems to have eaten the
original post from Tommy. Hence I'm replying to a reply.

Tommy Grav wrote:
> I have some code for doing orbital computations. The code is kind of
> extensive with many classes, each having several functions. In these
> functions I need to use constants (like the gravitational constant).
> What is the best way of implementing a solution when constants are
> used in several different classes and functions?

If all your code is in the one file, then it couldn't be simpler. E.g.:

# orbital computations

# define some constants

G = 1.0 # gravity is strong in this universe...

# define some functions

def force_of_gravity(m1, m2, r):
    return G*m1*m2/r**2

--