Can not download plugins for jEdit (help!!)

Ant antroy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 10:03:09 EST 2006

On Nov 9, 2:11 pm, Neil Cerutti <horp... at yahoo.com> wrote:
> """ never are. Then I changed the synchronize declarations in
> /syntax/python.vim to the following:
>
>   syn sync match pythonSync grouphere NONE '"""$'
>   syn sync maxlines=300
>
> The above is no good for random Python code, though.
>
> But in random Python code you can simply increase the number of
> lines inspected as high as your machine can handle, as documented
> in python.vim.

I commented out the maxlines line, and uncommented the syn sync
minlines=2000 line, and that seems to have worked.

> The reason I haven't adapted quickfix mode to Python is that Vim
> would hide most of the Traceback. I'd constantly be executing the
> command to show the entire error message, so I've chosen to
> eschew quickfix mode for Python code.

Sounds interesting - I may take a look at it.

> ... default Python plugin provides the [[, ]] and [m, ]m commands
> for jumping to the next function or method respectively. They are
> a nice help once you're aware of them. There's a more powerful
> plugin available on the internet, but it the code-jumps were the
> main commands I wanted.

They sound good. I've been using the taglist.vim plugin for code
browsing which is pretty good for that sort of thing.

> pytags should be in your Tools directory. I haven't found it
> terribly useful, but in theory it's invaluable (my project is
> piddly in size at the moment).

I'll take a look. A code navigation tool I presume?

> If you set shiftwidth to your preferred Python indent, then
> indenting and unindenting code blocks is as easy as the < and >
> commands

Yes - I have that set up. Thanks for the tips :-)