Secure Python

krishnakant Mane researchbase at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 09:48:18 EST 2006

after reading all the mails on this thread, I have the following observations.
I am relatively new to python at its development side but very old as
far as using python is concerned.
firstly, talking about gnu/linux there is no question about security.
python, if at all it is non-secure wont harm a linux machine much any ways.
secondly with OS like windows, things will be non-secure, no matter what you do.
and it will be un stable and un secure no matter what language you use.
how far then is python secured or non-secured in its absolute sence?
I need to use python for a very mission critical project.  may be I
will also use zope.
so I will like to know how far I can trust python for security in its
absolute (platform independent ) sence?
I mean running unwanted code at run-time etc.
thanks.
Krishnakant.