Surprise with special floating point values

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Wed Nov 29 13:11:35 EST 2006

prouleau001 at gmail.com wrote:

> While trying to use simplejson under Python 2.4.3 I have been
> investigating the handling of special floating point values

note that JSON doesn't support non-numeric floating point values, as can
be seen by the "number" syntax description on this page:

     http://www.json.org/

(and as I pointed out in another thread on this topic, Python relies on
the C library for serialization of floats, so non-numeric floating point
values aren't portable between Python versions either).

</F>