How to choose the right GUI toolkit ?

Dan Lenski dlenski at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 14:06:06 EST 2006

Christophe wrote:
> Dan Lenski a écrit :
> > Nick and John S., thank you for the tip on wxPython!  I'll look into it
> > for my next project.  I too would avoid Qt, not because of the GPL but
> > simply because I don't use KDE under Linux and because Qt is not well
> > supported under Cygwin or on native Windows.
> Qt is very well supported under Windows! Avoid spreading lies please ;)

My apologies!  I'm glad to be corrected on this.  There are Cygwin
packages for Qt as well, but I have heard about enough bugs to think I
should avoid Qt.  I have used enough Gtk apps that run flawlessly under
Windows to have my hopes that it works well.

> ( and I must admit one of the reasons I avoid wx if possible, is because
> I don't use Gnome under Linux and the look and feel of wx applications
> is really horrible under KDE )

My understanding is that wx wraps Windows, OSX, Qt, and GTK+... I guess
some of the wrappers fit the native apps better than others?

Dan