what's the difference between these two methods? (aka, why doesn't one of them work?)

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Thu Nov 2 22:28:40 EST 2006

John Salerno wrote:
> Fredrik Lundh wrote:
>
>>JohnJSal wrote:
>>

>>>That's a perfectly valid comment, but in this case just not applicable.
>>>I spent a lot of time working through my original question before
>>>posting, but I just couldn't get it.
>>
>>how do you fit "a lot of time" into 18 minutes?
>>
>></F>
>>

> Hmmm, I had tried to cancel sending that post but I guess it didn't
> work. As I was sending it, I said to myself, "well, maybe I didn't spend
> enough time before asking."
>
> But I guess rather than "a lot of time", I'm thinking I tried "a lot of
> things," or at least all I could think of.

Don't worry. It's sometimes difficult for the effbot to remember we
aren't all as fearsomely intelligent as it is. I think it does a
remarkably complete emulation of a human being:

   http://www.flickr.com/photos/30842681@N00/152495923/

For what it's worth it's also amazingly helpful if you can ignore to
sometimes acerbic wit.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119